Samuel Mayo Nickerson and his wife Matilda built their Brewster summer residence on a bluff overlooking Cape Cod Bay in 1890
In 1906, Fieldstone Hall burned to the ground.
Construction began in 1907 and the new Mansion was completed in 1912
In 1945, the Nickerson Mansion was sold to the La Salette religious order where it served as a seminary and college for men.
In 1980, Corcoran Jennison purchased the Mansion, Carriage House and the 52-acre parcel to eventually develop what Resort Guests and Club Members now know as Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club.
Today, the Mansion and Carriage House have been enhanced to befit their historic character; including period furnishings and appropriate finishes to newly restored wood.