March 1st 2020
- Dear Ocean Edge Club Members,
As concerns regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to increase, it is understandable that many of you may have questions regarding the safety of the Club and Resort. I want to let you know that we have taken precautions and have implemented steps to mitigate the situation in order to protect you, our valued Members, our guests and our staff members. As such, I wanted to send you a note on what we are doing throughout the Club and Resort to maintain a healthy environment.
In addition to daily cleaning schedules, the following measures have been implemented:
- Purell sanitation stations have been added to the Mansion lobby, dining outlets and common areas
- Purell dispensers are throughout the Member Sports Club and workout areas
- Clorox sanitation wipes have been added to the fitness rooms with directions to please wipe down all equipment prior to use and after use
- Additional Clorox sanitation wipes have been added to the locker room facilities and some common areas throughout the Club
- Steam cleaning of the locker facilities will continue to take place on a regular schedule
- Team Member checklists are in place at each facility for sanitation confirmation
Our goal is to maintain operations and services for our valued Members with some adjustments per CDC guidelines. Our pools, fitness center and class schedule remain intact with the limitations of gatherings as directed by the CDC. Our staff is diligent in sanitation and with your support, we can maintain a safe environment for the Club. Furthermore, we do plan on opening the golf course on March 27th as originally planned. Of course, this is weather dependent, and we will be spreading out tee times, managing cart use and reducing course amenities to minimize contact points and maintaing the directives on gatherings by the CDC and by Governor Baker.
Personal precautions should be used by everyone and as you would during every cold and flu season.
1) Stay home if you are sick. Follow the CDC guidelines on seeking medical care: Learn More Here!
2) Practice smart hygiene.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and keep your hands away from your face.
- Use alcohol based sanitizer when washing if possible.
- When using our equipment, please wipe them down using sanitary wipes before AND after use and allow to dry before stacking.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (elbows, please!)
- Dispose of used tissues immediately and wash your hands.
- Minimize direct physical contact with others, including handshakes, pat on the back, highfives.
- Frequently clean and disinfect all touched objects and surfaces.
Thank you for your cooperation and consideration in following best practices for your safety and the safety of all our Club Members.
Thank you for your cooperation and please stay well.
Club Manager - Troon Prive